Saturday, May 31, 2008

We took a field trip!

Yesterday, it was time of my school's annual field trip to Universal Orlando all the 5th graders in the school take the trip together. Since I have seven 5th graders, of course, we needed to go! :) I had five kids who decided to take the trip and we had a WONDERFUL day! I think they really had a great time. 
We spent most of our time at Islands of Adventure. I had never been to this park, it just opened in 1999, and it was pretty neat. (This is the park that will house the new "Harry Potter" attraction in 2009.) We did make a quick trip over to the old Universal Studios park. My kids were all really eager to ride the new Simpsons ride. (It replaced the old Back to the Future ride.) 
Of course, I couldn't go on any of the fun rides. I did get to ride the Caro-Seuss-el and the One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish. After an entire day of walking around the park and watching everyone else ride rides, that was actually enough to make me happy. 
My wonderful husband did come along on the trip and rode all the rides with the kids that I couldn't ride. We also had one mom and one sister who came along with their kids. It was a great group and really a lot of fun for all of us! :) 
My favorite part of the park was the "Seuss Landing" this is what wikipedia  said about this part of the park...

Seuss Landing is specially geared towards small children and is based on the works of author Dr. Seuss. It has several Seuss-themed attractions. There is also a Green Eggs and Ham Cafe and Circus McGurkus restaurant. One of the unique characteristics of this area is, like in the books, there is not a single straight line anywhere. Palm trees, curved by the winds of Hurricane Andrew, were even installed in the area to continue this theming.

I have always been a huge fan of Dr. Seuss and you just can't deny that stepping into a little world where his books come to life is pretty darn cool! We also got Camden's first cook book in this area of the park. 

Since we both love Dr. Seuss and David loves to cook so much, we thought this would be neat for some fun stuff for David to cook with/for Camden.


 
I have collected pins for about 10 years now. I think they make for great souvenirs and the practice of pin collecting has actually become REALLY popular in recent years. I picked this out as Camden's first pin. After all, it was "technically" his first trip to Universal. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I need to borrow that one! Pretty neat!!!

shuttle launch...or not...

We went to the beach last weekend for the shuttle launch...we failed to get the memo that the launch had been canceled at midnight the night...