Sunday, May 4, 2008

The business

My sister and I watched a very interesting movie yesterday!

I know I wrote a little bit about The Business of Being Born a few days ago. I really think it is a movie that everyone needs to see. I realize it really appeals to women and especially those who are pregnant, but I think the movie is filled with information that everyone needs to understand. 

One thing I really brought away from the movie was an understand that we are, in fact, wonderfully made, and God made women to carry children and give birth. It's amazing how much time we spend thinking about the miracle of conception and the amazing growth that transforms our babies in the womb. The fact that they start as just two cells and rapidly divide and separate and multiply into a perfect little human in just a matter of weeks! It's so amazing!

We have no problem looking at this miracle and having complete faith that this is God's divine plan. However, when it comes to giving birth, we have no concept of letting "nature take it's course" anymore. We have lost faith in women and their bodies and their ability to birth a child.

The movie is an hour and 20 minutes long, but I sincerely recommend you watch it! you can watch the movie for free by clicking here

That's all for now! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

shuttle launch...or not...

We went to the beach last weekend for the shuttle launch...we failed to get the memo that the launch had been canceled at midnight the night...