Thursday, May 8, 2008

happy birthday baby shower

I know I'm slacking on my updates. I have been running around like crazy this week! 

Just a quick update on our week.

Tuesday was my 27th birthday. I had a lovely day. My students, with some help from my assistant, threw me a "Happy Birthday Baby Shower." It was super cute! They had all "made" presents for the baby by painting little t-shirts and burp clothes for him. I haven't had time to take pictures yet, but as soon as I do I'll have them up here for you to see. After I came home from work, and got rested up, David and I got all dressed up and he took me out to diner at my FAVORITE restaurant Roy’s. We had a wonderful time! It was really neat because they even put a page in our menus that said "Happy Birthday Allison." :) It's the little stuff I guess :)

I've been fighting off a nasty sinus/cold thing all week. I should have stayed home from work today. I just keep getting sicker and all my kids are coughing and sneezing all over me all day. However, I've had meetings and field trips all week long and I couldn't afford to take a sick day. So, I don't have anything scheduled for tomorrow so I'm going to go ahead and take a day to get rested up. I know the weekend is coming up but I really just need the rest right now!  

So, that's about all that's going on around here. David's been working like crazy but his schedule is getting a little better lately. He talked to them about not having to work so many night shifts and he's only had a few this week. It makes life so much nicer around here when we are on the same schedule and actually get to see each other! 

Hope you all are doing well! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

shuttle launch...or not...

We went to the beach last weekend for the shuttle launch...we failed to get the memo that the launch had been canceled at midnight the night...