Wednesday, July 2, 2008

fair warning...

This is my right hand. I put my wedding rings on (as far as they would go) to show you some scale of how HUGE my fingers are! Try to imagine, these rings SHOULD be able to fit on this finger!

Ok, I just wanted to make an announcement.

I'm starting to get concerned at the amount of swelling I'm having in my hands...and now my ankles and feet. 

I am in the process of "taking it easy" for my second day in a row. I'm trying to get the swelling to subside but it is just getting worse. 

This is a frightening situation due to the things that swelling can signify. You may or may not be familiar with a condition known as  preeclampsia. (You can click on the word to read more about it.)

My blood pressure has not been high at any of my appointments thus far, but the scary thing about preeclamsia is that there isn't always a warning. Sometimes it comes out of NOWHERE. My next Doctor's appointment is on Monday. However, my sister has informed me I MUST call them tomorrow if I'm still swelling. 

This may be nothing to worry about! I may be totally fine! Hopefully  that's the case. I really don't want a NICU baby...but then again, who does?

Just keep us in your thoughts and prayers and I'll update you guys tomorrow.

No comments:

shuttle launch...or not...

We went to the beach last weekend for the shuttle launch...we failed to get the memo that the launch had been canceled at midnight the night...