Monday, June 30, 2008

the highlight of my day

As I mentioned before, I cleaned out the storage shed today.

Perhaps you don't understand what that actually entailed. You see, I'm terrible at packing...and even worse at unpacking. So...the majority of the boxes I have sorted through over the course of the past two days have been packed for a long time. Some of them have been packed since I moved into my first apartment in college (*gasp*). I know it's terrible! :) 

It is fun, however, to find some things I had forgotten I even owned. And Yes, I do realize if I've lived without it for close to 10 years, I can probably go ahead and get rid of it! :) I did do up a large bag for Goodwill and also created an obscene mound of trash for our road-side. 

My point here is...my find of the day...I found "Taffy!" 

Taffy is my teddy bear! I collected bears as a child and Taffy was the "crown jewel" of my collection. I have had him since the day I was born and slept with him every single night through my entire childhood and then some.

 I think he's looking pretty good for his old age!

Photobucket

I was thrilled to find him today and I'm excited to get him washed up so I can share him with Camden!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awwww... That's great!!! So excited you found him!!! Camden will love him- I am sure as much as you do!

shuttle launch...or not...

We went to the beach last weekend for the shuttle launch...we failed to get the memo that the launch had been canceled at midnight the night...