Monday, June 30, 2008

Let's "nest"...shall we?


"Nesting" is this really great phenomenon that happens to pregnant women! 

It is super helpful when it comes time to get things done. I've heard of some women who never got their "nesting urge"...I am NOT one of those women!

I have been cleaning out things like crazy. For a few weeks I've had a day here and a day there where I would just go crazy on whatever project I had picked out that day. However, these past two days, I have been OUT OF CONTROL with my nesting urges. 

I have cleaned out and organized the storage shed in the back yard. That was  a HUGE task and took the better halves of two days (it was too hot to spend more than 3 or 4 hours out there). I have also STARTED my work in the nursery. I'm so excited about getting this room all done. 
David and I went out on Friday and bought all the supplies we still needed to get the room completed. We got 3 colors of paint, curtain rods, curtain tie backs, and some other supplies needed for the big project. We are painting the wall the lightest color of blue (which it kinda "grey/blue") from the bedding we picked out.
Here's a picture of the bedding...



Here's a close up of some "swatches" of the bedding. You can really see the colors much better...




So far, I'm loving the color! I painted the biggest wall in the room tonight. I went ahead and did two coats...this picture was taken before I finished the first coat, but you can see the contrast between the blue and the white (the previous color). 
Photobucket
I'm thrilled with how it's turning out! I can't wait for David to get home from work and see it. :)

No comments:

shuttle launch...or not...

We went to the beach last weekend for the shuttle launch...we failed to get the memo that the launch had been canceled at midnight the night...