Tuesday, June 17, 2008

dryer drama

I'm beginning to think the "dryer drama" will never end!

A month or so ago we started having an issue with our dryer (it was actually our landlord's dryer...and by "an issue," what I really mean is...it just stopped working). So, we switched out the dryer and put our dryer in. Guess what, it didn't work either. Then we (and by "we" I mean David) got smart and started checking out the breakers. Yeah, the breaker was flipped in the back of the house...easy fix...flip it back, dryer works again. 

Oh how I wish it was that easy. Our dryer is located "outside." It's in a closet-like room on the front porch. I don't know if it's from the heat or what, but the dryer has started throwing the breaker 5 to 6 times per load! Ugh. That's super annoying when you have to go out front and check...see that it's off...and then walk out back to flip the breaker...walk back out front to re-start the dryer...and then you get to repeat it all in about 10 minutes. 

Sooo...I finally emailed the Landlord and she said she'd send out an electrician. He was supposed to be here yesterday but didn't make it. He was supposed to be here today by 6:00 and he showed up around 6:30. He looked at the plug and checked some stuff out, then he went ahead and switched out the breaker for us. 

Things were looking great. I started another load of washing and put the load that had just finished in the washer as he was leaving, just to make sure it was working as well as it seemed. The dryer didn't cut off! It just kept going and going...and going...after almost 2 hours of drying I decided I should probably see what was taking so long...I cleaned out the lint trap and noticed the lint was "cold." I checked the clothes...they were cold too. :( Ugh...here we go again. The dryer is running now, but not heating!

I called the landlord. She called her electrician. He can't be here until 5:00 tomorrow. SO, she's calling another one to be here first thing in the morning. I'm just really frustrated..this has been my day! I really thought we had finally fixed the problem...little did I know, we only created a new one!

No comments:

shuttle launch...or not...

We went to the beach last weekend for the shuttle launch...we failed to get the memo that the launch had been canceled at midnight the night...