Monday, July 14, 2008

average

We are home, and the results are in. 

Our baby, by all indications, (at this point in time) is totally and completely average! His current weight is estimated at 5.6 lbs. 

The rule of weight gain from here on out is 1/2 to 1 lb. a week. So...he should be a good healthy size...but PERHAPS not the size of a "Thanksgiving Turkey." 

We talked a bit about induction...possibly 2 weeks early (38 weeks)...but my doctor will NOT induce if my body isn't "ready." He was very clear about not putting me in danger. 

So...there you go. There is your update and we are back the the "waiting game."

We are just SOOOOOO ready to hold our baby!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww. If it makes you feel better, I started feeling that way about the same time you did. They induced me a whole 4 days early, and then I had to go ahead and have an emergency c-section. Once he's here, you'll wonder where this last 2-4 weeks went! I'm glad he's not a Thanksgiving Turkey though - that would hurt! :)

shuttle launch...or not...

We went to the beach last weekend for the shuttle launch...we failed to get the memo that the launch had been canceled at midnight the night...