Wednesday, July 9, 2008

looking good...




We are ALMOST totally done with the house!

Yay!
I do not think I could be more excited about what we have accomplished! I know I could not have done it without Mom’s help! She has worked so hard the entire time she has been here.
I keep telling her that when she leaves I’m not going to be able to get out bed for an entire day! She has more energy than should be humanly possible! (As far as I’m concerned, it isn’t humanly possible!)

So…here are the pictures so we can share what we’ve done with all of you who aren’t here to see it.

As I said, we are “almost” done…David is planning to assemble the crib tomorrow…that is all that is missing from the nursery. The room we used is TINY and it has never felt SO small as it does now! So, in with adding all this furniture to our house, the entire space has had to be “revamped.” We even had to move my dresser into the living room/dining room space. My mom says it’s called a “credenza” and that it’s perfectly okay to have such furniture in this room. I went with it, and…it really doesn’t look bad!

We are still planning on getting a queen sized bed and moving our full sized bed into the “office” so when we have guests, they will actually have a place to sleep! (That will be really nice.) So, we went ahead and measured out room for the furniture changes and the set up shouldn’t have to be changed much at all from where we have it now! Yay for less work!
Okay, you’ve waited long enough…here are ALL the pictures!


This is the living/dining space with the "credenza" :)




This is Camden's closet. I'm pretty sure he has NOTHING to wear!
We still have a "little" stack of things in the corner of the nursery...including the crib bedding...still waiting for the crib :)
This is where the crib will go. Please note the precious dalmation (Ozzy) nightlight.
Camden's stuffed puppies :)
Diaper changing table...fully stocked, I might add, and the letters on top WILL BE hung on the wall (with brown ribbon) above his crib.
Here's the new office set up. I don't know if I mentioned that my mac laptop (FINALLY) gave up the ghost last week...so, this is the new set up Tyler was kind enough to transport down from Tennesee for us!
Yes, the nursery "over flows" a little into the office/guest room. The cradle will likely be in our bedroom for the first few weeks.
The corner of the nursery again.
Changing table again...you can see the glider in the corner. (Did I mention the room is TINY?)

The "baby" part of the office/guest room. That "swing thing" is the new Graco sweetpeace. It might just be the coolest thing EVER!

p.s. anybody out there want some fish?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks great! A bit different than last Saturday!!! I agree that she moves more than is humanly possible. Too bad none of us had it past on- maybe Warren has a shot!

Elizabeth said...

Everything looks WONDERFUL!! I think the "credenza" fits perfectly well in that space. It flows with the room. I love the color of the walls in Camden's room and the way everything is setup!!

Anonymous said...

Everything looks Great. Even you. Thank you so much for posting a picture of yourself. You look great. Can't wait to see all three of you.
Lisa

shuttle launch...or not...

We went to the beach last weekend for the shuttle launch...we failed to get the memo that the launch had been canceled at midnight the night...