Sunday, April 6, 2008

rain rain go away!

It has been SUCH a rainy day here today! I complained while in Tennessee that it rained AND it was cold the whole time I was there. 
Little did I know I would "bring the rain back with me." It seriously started raining right around noon today and it has not even begun to let up (it's 7 pm now.) This may not seem like a big deal in some parts of the US, but here in Orlando, it's really not common. Ugh...and I don't deal well with it. 

David and I did have the unexpected pleasure of having "brunch" with Sharon and Bill (His mom and step-dad) today. They were scheduled to have been in London, on their Honeymoon about the time we were eating, but their flight out of Orlando was canceled yesterday due to a mechanical problem on the plane they were scheduled to take from Atlanta to London. The problem was noticed early enough that their first flight was canceled due to the impending problems in Atlanta. As far as we know they were able to leave Orlando today as scheduled. We hope they have a wonderful time in Europe!!!

I start back to work tomorrow (spring break has NOT been long enough). I'm already starting to feel overwhelmed because of all the changes that a quickly approaching. I'm suddenly aware I have to move out of my classroom. This means finally sorting through and ridding myself of all the "junk" the previous teacher left me with. I have often made the joke that after "twenty-something" years of teaching, she must have gone ahead and dumped out her purse as she left. I know she went on to an office job so she had no need for her classroom supplies, but there are so many things in my classroom that are just down right wasteful and I simply have a hard time throwing them away! On top of cleaning out and moving, I've got to figure out how I'm going to teach these new kids I'm getting next year! Since I still have no idea of their ability/functioning levels, I'm a little nervous about what I'm going to do! Of course, along with all that fun stuff, I've got all my "end of the year" data and reports to get done as well as transition meetings for all my kids (7) going on to middle school. Yay! fun! I do love my job! I guess I'd have to at this point :)

That's all for now! Thanks for reading!

-Allison

No comments:

shuttle launch...or not...

We went to the beach last weekend for the shuttle launch...we failed to get the memo that the launch had been canceled at midnight the night...